Cherry Blossom Landscape Painting with Acrylics
It’s easier to let love blossom in life than to find cherry blossom. These pretty, pink flowers that are only found a few months during the spring are a treat for the eyes and soul. Gloriously beautiful with a sensational fragrance, they are set to to steal the hearts of everyone.
As dreamy as these Sakura flowers are, they are quite short lived which adds to their wonder. These flowers are to be enjoyed and appreciated in the moment, before it’s too late, which can be said about life itself.
Adore and celebrate these beautiful flowers in your painting with Menorah sketchbooks. It is 180 GSM thick and perfect for Dry Media like Sakura Pen Art, Soft Pastels, Oil Pastel, Color Pencils etc. and Wet mediums like Acrylics, Gouache, Water Color paintings, Tempera, Poster color etc. Its acid free papers will keep your beautiful paintings intact. The Mixed Media Sketchbooks from Menorah are perfect for you to create your beautiful paintings.
Here are the steps to recreate the cherry blossom painting done by @kanchan_artworks:
Menorah mixed media sketchbook
- For a bright blue sky, paint a layer of light blue acrylic on top. Once you reach the bottom layer, mix a little white with the light blue to bring out a gradient.
2. The next step is the mountains. Painting the mountains with dark blue acrylic will make them appear as seen at a distance and add depth to your landscape painting.
3. Let’s draw some grass and make it a green landscape. Use light green for the layers near the mountain to add a sunlit effect to your acrylic painting.
Paint the rest with dark green to show a contrast between sunlight and shadow
4. Next step, grab an old flat brush that is lying around. Dip it in white paint and dab it onto your mixed media sketchbook.
Dabbing technique adds both texture and movement to your painting. So, your clouds will look fluffy and realistic.
5. Use the same brush to paint some green bushes in your acrylic landscape painting.
Dab some dark green paint to make some textured leaves that look like they are swaying in the wind. Highlight a few parts with light green.
6. Draw some trees at the corners of the 180 GSM sketchbook. Use black paint and a round brush to draw the trunk and branches to indicate being in the shadow.
7. Use the same dabbing technique to draw leaves on both trees.
8. Use a round brush and pink acrylic to paint cherry blossom flowers on the trees.
Add some petals on the ground too for aesthetic appeal.
Your painting is a beauty to behold! Embrace the joys of life and painting with Menorah sketchbooks.